SEA Gas is committed to and will manage its business in a manner to ensure ecological and environmental sustainability consistent with stated environmental objectives and the Australian Pipelines and Gas Associationâ€™s (APGA) Environmental Code of Practice.
SEA Gas is committed to achieving environmental excellence through the:
- Promotion of environmental responsibility and awareness amongst its workforce, contractors and subcontractors.
- Development and implementation of a rigorous Land and Environment Management Plan that will address, as a minimum:
- cultural heritage
- ecologically-sustainable development
- emissions to air, ground and water
- environmental training/awareness
- flora and fauna
- noise management
- soil management and erosion
- vegetation management
- weed management
- Elimination or effective management of hazards and practices that could result in environmental harm.
SEA Gas will demonstrate this commitment by:
- Developing clear lines of environmental responsibilities and authorities for managing the environment.
- Raising environmental awareness to develop a culture that empowers people to carry out their environmental responsibilities effectively.
- Providing adequate training and resources to efficiently and effectively perform their duties in accordance with good environmental practice.
- Monitoring the environmental management processes to ensure compliance with legal and statutory obligations, codes of practice and industry standards.
- Implementing and maintaining an effective environmental management system including systematic identification of environmental risk, management of that risk, and continuous improvement in performance through sound environmental practices.
- Conducting qualitative reviews of organisational performance against predetermined performance indicators.